Module 1: Program Overview
Target Audience: Immunization Providers (Physicians, Nurses, Nurse Practitioners, Pharmacists, Physician’s Assistants, DoD Paraprofessionals, Medical Students, etc.)
Description: "The Perinatal Hepatitis B Prevention Program (PHBPP) was established in 1990 by CDC. Orientation and trainings have been provided to coordinators in the past in various formats and venues. This series will combine aspects of both training on the epidemiology of hepatitis B virus and orientation to the PHBHPP in a web-based format. It presents both practice-based and program oriented content on Perinatal Hepatitis B. It addresses an educational need of an importance audience for the prevention of perinatal hepatitis B transmission, the new PHBPP Coordinator. This web-on-demand video will allow both new and experienced coordinators to improve their knowledge of perinatal hepatitis B and program management skills.
The multi-session series presents core knowledge necessary for a PHBPP Coordinator to posses to be successful in their position in concise web-based platform. The creation of this series is a direct result of requests from Coordinators for a web based training course with available continuing education.
- Identify the purpose of the Perinatal Hepatitis B Prevention Program (PHBPP).
- Identify the required PHBPP program objectives.
- Describe the relationship between the PHBPP objectives and the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) Hepatitis Recommendations.
- Describe 2 activities that can be implemented to achieve the program objectives.
- Identify 3 key program data sources.
- Describe 1 way to use key data sources to improve program outcomes.
- Implement disease detection and prevention health care services (e.g., smoking cessation, weight reduction, diabetes screening, blood pressure screening, immunization services) to prevent health problems and maintain health.
CME:CE for this course has expired.
Course Number: WD2895
- Page last reviewed: March 28, 2018
- Page last updated: March 28, 2018
- Content source: