Take Home Points
Take Home Points:
• Use standing orders to increase adult vaccination rates: http://www.immunize.org/standingorders/
• Doctors: Recommend vaccines to your patients. Research shows that patients get vaccinated when their doctor recommends it.
• Ask adult patients if they are up-to-date on their immunizations. Hereís a handout to help patients decide: http://www.immunize.org/catg.d/p4030.pdf
• Check the patientís chart for immunizations due.
• Send reminder cards or make reminder telephone calls when immunizations are due or past due.
• Hand out the Vaccine Information Statement to patients receiving a vaccine: http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/pubs/vis/default.htm
• Post the recommended adult immunization schedule in your office: http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/recs/schedules/adult-schedule.htm
• Vaccinate all healthcare personnel who provide direct patient care with age-appropriate vaccines .