Guidelines for using the NCC email LISTSERV
The NCC LISTSERV is a type of email distribution list used to quickly disseminate information on NCC business and other important prevention research activities to all members.
The PRC Program office manages the LISTSERV, however anyone whose email address is included can “post” or send messages. Messages are sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and are received by all email addresses included on the LISTSERV.
Proper use of the NCC LISTSERV will reduce email “clutter” and ensure that messages sent are useful to and valued by its members. When using the NCC LISTSERV
- Do not use “Reply” or “Reply All” when responding to a LISTSERV message unless it is critical that the entire committee read your response
- Do not use “Reply” or “Reply All” if you want to respond only to the sender of the LISTSERV message
- Send a response to the original author of a message you receive through the LISTSERV by entering that person’s email address in the “To:” line of your reply
Suggested uses for the NCC LISTSERV
- Send messages that engage members in an open forum discussion on important issues, e.g., CBPR training opportunities, proposed new NCC activities
- Share important news about local community activities e.g., a successful recruiting campaign
- Request feedback on a presentation or community issue
- Inform members about new information on NCC Archive or PRC Web site