Work-Related Lung Disease Surveillance System (eWoRLD)
Work-related asthma: Number of cases by classification and state, 1993-2002
- indicates no cases reported.
* Pre-existing asthma aggravated by exposure or condition at work.
† Includes cases of reactive airways dysfunction syndrome and occupational asthma.
‡ Known asthma inducers, defined by medical literature review, are designated in the Association of Occupational and Environmental Clinics exposure coding scheme (http://www.aoec.org/tools.htm).
Note: Percentages may not sum to 100% due to rounding. See Appendix for information about data source and methods.
Source: Provisional Sentinel Event Notification Systems for Occupational Risks surveillance data as of September 2006, reported by R Harrison and J Flattery (California); L Davis, E Pechter, and M Sharma (Massachusetts); K Rosenman, MJ Reilly, and D Kalinowski (Michigan); and D Valiante, D Schill, and K McGreevy (New Jersey).
Reference Number: 2007T09-03
Date Posted: June 2008
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH)
- 800-CDC-INFO (800-232-4636) TTY: (888) 232-6348
24 Hours/Every Day