Work-Related Lung Disease Surveillance System (eWoRLD)
Work-related asthma: Number of cases by ascertainment source and state, 1993-1999
- indicates no cases reported.
* Massachusetts, Michigan, and New Jersey actively solicit reports from physicians; California uses an existing administrative data source to passively identify physician reports of work-related asthma.
† Some cases have been identified through workers' compensation data, screening co-workers, reports from Mine Safety and Health Administration or Occupational Safety and Health Administration.
Note: Percentages may not sum to 100% due to rounding. See Appendix for information about data source and methods.
Source: Provisional Sentinel Event Notification Systems for Occupational Risks surveillance data as of September 2002, aggregated by reporting source years, and reported by R Harrison and J Flattery (California); L Davis, E Pechter, and B Pazos (Massachusetts); K Rosenman, MJ Reilly, and D Kalinowski (Michigan); and D Valiante and D Schill (New Jersey).
Reference Number: 2002T09-04
Date Posted: May 2003
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH)
- 800-CDC-INFO (800-232-4636) TTY: (888) 232-6348
24 Hours/Every Day